Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Centennial Celebration

Ah, my Neon... Yesterday morning, on the way to work, we passed 100,000 miles together. I think we may have technically passed them earlier, as I vaguely remember a time early on in our relationship (when she was still under warranty) when her circuit breaker went out, and none of the electonics worked for a day or two. But, since I can't prove the earlier, actual 100,000th mile, I have chosen to celebrate the one that showed up on the odometer yesterday.

The moment before:



The moment of:



It's kind of exciting - I've never driven a car this long before. The one I had prior (currently retired and waiting for me to resurrect her), was driven for 8 years, so I'm pretty loyal to my cars - but I never expected to keep the Neon for almost 10 years (next month is her b-day to be precise). I thought 5 years sure, but didn't expect 10 years. I think if it weren't for her color (Magenta), I probably wouldn't have been so attached to her for so long. She's just too pretty to part with (and cheaper than buying and insuring a new car)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! congrats to Barney...she's worked hard for the mileage baby ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I think I am @ 62K with my Neon...here's to hoping she makes it to 100K too!

Congrats on your milestone!!

Elle S...:)

Paula K said...

Ah, thanks! If you need a good mechanic, I highly recommend Al's on Burbank at Hollywood Way (I know it's a bit of a trek for ya right now). They're the greatest and they keep Barney going!