Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Take that, Cholesterol!

Squeal! Got my numbers back today in the great Cholesterol trifecta.... And, it was much work on my part, lots of being aware of what I'm eating, making better choices, etc... But, I have FINALLY triumphed over my numbers! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the latest:

Total overall: 201 (this is the lowest it's been since I started seeing my current doctor - ie, in 8 years)
HDL: 103 (this is the *good cholesterol*)
LDL: 89 (this is the *bad cholesterol* and has dropped a whopping 40 points in the last two months!!!!!!!!)

My feelings now... If I can add in more exercise AND keep up my *healthier* diet, I could see the otherside of 200 (a feat not accomplished since I was first tested at 20). So, I think that for me, knowing that high cholesterol runs in the family, healthy choices are the best way to go. That doesn't mean becoming so strict that eating is no longer fun - you do have to live a little - but everything within reason, with an emphasis on oatmeal, lower fat, more veggies and lean meats (and the occasional chocky cake for good measure!).

Big hugs and kisses to everyone who cheered me on and gave me advice! I couldn't have done it without you!!!

No comments: