Sunday, September 09, 2007

Dr. Who?

While organizing my closet last night, I had the tv on in the background, and was lucky enough to catch some Dr. Who on PBS. Gah, the new Dr. Who is so frickin' sexah! Maybe it's the accent, I don't know, but I do remember the original 1970s Dr. Who always reminded me of my Algebra and Philosophy teachers combined, and the new one, well, he doesn't!

Anyway, watching it got me to thinking about Dr. Who's scarf, a fairly well-known accessory, and cause for obsession amongst fans. So at 1am, I pulled out some yarn and created my own version using this website as a guide.

Here are the results (before weaving ends in - there are a lot of them!):

Dr. Who?

I'm fairly pleased with the results, and have written the instructions, if you'd like to make your own Blythe-sized Dr. Who scarf (and who wouldn't want one?)

You will need:
sz 2 needles (2.75mm)
fingering yarn (aka 4ply) in 7 colors: Purple, red, tan, brown, gray, yellow and green

Using the color guide below, CO 10 stitches in the first color, and then follow the guide for the number of rows in each color (the rows are even numbers so the front side will have a seamless change of color). When you're done, bind off and weave in ends and take lots of pictures :-D

Rows - Color
2 - purple
12 - tan
4 - brown
2 - yellow
6 - red
2 - purple
12 - grey
6 - green
2 - yeloow
8 - tan
4 - red
2 - brown
2 - purple
12 - green
2 - yellow
4 - gray
2 - red
12 - tan
2 - purple
6 - green
4 - gray
2 - yellow
6 - red
2 - purple
10 - brown
2 - tan
2 - gray
12 - red
4 - yellow
6 - green
2 - purple
10 - tan
4 - brown
6 - gray
2 - red
4 - purple
2 - tan
4 - yellow
12 - green
4 - red
4 - gray
2 - yellow
6 - brown
2 - purple
2 - tan
8 - grey
2 - red
2 - yellow
4 - tan
2 - purple
8 - brown
2 - red
10 - purple

As with all my patterns, you're welcome to make items to sell from them, but please credit me for the pattern.

2 comments:

joyce said...

pretty pattern!

thanks for your comment on my blog! i'm finding it just as easy to make up the patterns as i go along, but love the ideas you included!

ana said...

oh, the ends! So many ends to weave in! But so worth it!