Saturday, February 25, 2006

Give me a Bronze Medal and Call It a Day

Ah, the Knitting Olympics. I really was quite zealous and thought I could complete Branching Out, but alas, life threw me quite a few curve balls over the last two weeks (new baby in the family, following up on some health stuff - trust me, you don't want details, but will say all is good and I don't have to go through that again for 5 years - and the 1st birthdays of the other babies in the family) and I've only finished 5 repeats (20 to go). I don't think I'll be able to finish by tomorrow night's closing ceremonies. Am I sad? A little, but I've also finished quite a few other projects in the meantime - two baby hats for family (hey, family comes first - especially where kids are concerned), I worked on another Paris Loop, and I also finished two hats for Blythe from the leftover baby hat yarn. The thing is, Branching Out is the most solitary item I've worked on due to the repeats and the need to keep track of your stitches as you do each knit row, so I couldn't work on it at lunch and still hold a conversation with M (unless you call screaming "Fcuk! Fcukity fcuk, I made another fcuking mistake!" a conversation). So, it wasn't worked on nearly as much as I'd have liked. But, I did learn quite a few stitches and learned how to identify my mistakes and how to fix them, so for that, I say, give me the Bronze Medal and call it a day. I'll definitely finish the scarf, just not as soon as I would have liked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bronze looks good on you baby. give yourself a hug for being a warrior goddess during one hella week! ~mwah!