Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

That whole New Year's Resolution to better balance work and life has been a bit of a bust. What can I say? It's been a busy year! The good thing is, I think I may have a bit of a breather before it gets really crazy, and let me say, I'm going to need it.

My poor car - I've needed to fix the AC for months and there has just not been any time to do it. I'm taking her in for a few other things tomorrow (transmission/oil change/tire rotation) and depending on what they say, I may be car shopping *sniffle*. I really don't want to deal with buying a new car right now! And truth be told, I like my car. Silly, I know, but in a sea of sameness, she stands out.

So, I've been trying to decide which direction to take my blog in - obviously, since it's public, I keep most personal information out of it (stalkers need not apply), but I'm not sure whether to skew it towards my crafting or my dolls. Both of those hobbies bleed into one another since I do make a lot of things for Blythe, but I think it might be better if I focus on crafting in general, with the girls making an occasional appearance. I also wouldn't mind working on improving my photography. Usually, I'm happy when everything is in focus, but honestly, I think the best way to showcase my crafting is through better photography.

Speaking of crafting, a co-worker and I are already planning what to make for the Holiday Bazaar at work in November. We'll see if anything comes to fruition as I am always full of plans (better than full of $hit, I suppose), and have trouble with the follow-through (hello, lonely blog o'mine). It can't hurt to try advance planning, and roping someone else into it means I am responsible to that person and less likely to flake. See? Already an improvement! ha!

And just so this isn't the most boring post ever with no visual stimulus in sight, I leave you with professional pictures (not taken by me, natch) of the two pairs of shoes I bought this week - both by Born (spelled with a / through the o, only I don't remember the code to get that to show up, but you get which brand I mean...). They're supah cute and supah comfy. In fact, I think my feet will be having a deep and meaningful relationship with these shoes for the next few months!

Pair #1 - the heels:
charisma

Pair #2 - the flats:
born brin

No comments: