Monday, November 02, 2009

Day 2

Now, don't get too excited, but yeah, I'm back for Day 2 of NaBloPoMo! Today's theme is Make It/Mend It Monday. On the mend it front, I fixed the hem on my favorite pants. They'd only hung out in the mending pile for a month or so... (sad, I know). I really do love those pants, and anyone who has met me in person knows this, as I wear them every chance I get. They're brown linen palazzo pants that I made from a New Look pattern. In fact, they're my second pair since I loved the first ones so much, I wore them until they fell apart.

On the make it side, I made a top from a vintage 1980s Simplicity pattern (design by Hang Ten - remember them?). I finished the top a couple days ago, and am already in love. The thing to keep in mind here is there was some serious wardrobe refashion involved here. NxtDrGuy gave me a periwinkle T-shirt with holes and a stain (artfully covered by the pocket!), and I proffered up a navy workout T-shirt, and a remnant of darker periwinkle ribbing. I'm seriously in love with the outcome, and if I could get away with wearing it everyday, I would.

Hang Ten - Simplicity 5517

No comments: