Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 - resewlutions

How is it possible another year has gone by?  There was a lot of crafting in 2013 (along with work and some personal stuff that took most of my focus), and I predict 2014 will be filled with more of the same.  I wanted to talk about some of the things I have in mind, not only to keep you informed, but also as a way to keep myself focused and accountable.

Here goes...

I've been sewing since I was 10 and learned to knit at 14 (though I didn't fall in love with it until later).  I also have a tendency to start a lot of projects and just let them sit and pile up.  Multiply that by a few years and well, I have a lot of UFOs in bags and boxes.  So, my goal this year is to do 52 projects in 52 weeks.  That can be anything from finishing up some of these UFOs to starting something new (I can do a simple skirt in just a few hours, a Tova top in under five hours, so this is not an unattainable goal).  I also give myself permission to completely screw this up and not finish this lofty goal (boring for you, less pressure for me).

The 52 projects will include any type of crafting including (but not limited to) cross stitch, needlepoint, quilting, sewing, knitting and crochet. 

Where applicable, I will also be including patterns and tutorials so you can join me on this journey (I did mention I had a few things in mind, right?).

So, jump in, clear a space on your work table, pull out your knitting needles, crochet hooks and sewing machine and settle in for some crafting fun.  Even if you don't craft, I hope you at least enjoy my musings on my makings in 2014.

No comments: