After finishing the socks, I pulled out a few UFOs. I've made some decent progress on one of them - finishing a pair of sleeves in 4 days. I've now learned the only thing that makes sleeves feel like a fast knit are a pair of socks. I should probably mention the sleeves were knit on size 15 needles, which would help explain their rapid growth over a pair of socks knit on size 0s.
In addition, I went to Gallifrey One yesterday (why yes, I do love Doctor Who, thank you very much) and got in some good knitting time in Hall A. That project is on size 8s, using bamboo tape yarn, and I am feeling the results of that in my shoulder now. Meh. There's a reason that project's been sitting.
Here's a sneaky pick of Arthur Darvill (Rory) I took yesterday:
Finally, I finished project 8 of 52 this evening! Work has been taking up a lot of my time, so I'm happy/relieved to be able to stay on track with this crazy goal of mine. The pattern I used was New Look 6107 and the fabric is the last of some stretch sateen I've had for awhile. I've previously made two blouses out of it, but today I had the bright idea to make a skirt out of it for Spring/Summer. I blame Pinterest for inspiring the idea, as I saw a vintage Anthropologie picture with a dress made from landscape fabric. Anyway, the end result is quite cute and I think it can be dressed up or down. The shape is a classic pencil skirt, and the pattern itself is quite well-drafted (everything went together well). I changed the back vent to a slit and sewed the side seams in 1/2" instead of 5/8" seams (I'm right in between a 12 and 14 and this worked out fine). I'll definitely be making this skirt again. Here's the finished skirt:
And here's Clancy being a good sport while I cut out the skirt (I call this series, "Scraps on my cat"):