Sunday, January 03, 2016

52 Projects in 52 Weeks - Handmade Wardrobe edition

About a year and a half ago, I challenged myself with a project called, "52 projects in 52 weeks" in order to get over a crafting slump (and finish some UFOs I had laying around at the same time).  I ended up completing the projects in nine months (bit of an over-achiever here).  At that time, I took some time off from posting daily outfits and FOs on Instagram and Facebook because I wanted my next project to be purposeful and a tiny bit planned (enough with the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants crafting!), which brings us to the beginning of 2016 and the idea I had for my next project: 52 projects in 52 weeks - handmade wardrobe edition.

The idea is just as simple as it sounds: I am going to make 52 projects over the course of the next 52 weeks (aka all of 2016) that will be incorporated into my wardrobe (I might throw a few pieces in for my boyfriend because he's pretty awesome and craft-worthy). 

Some backstory: a lot of my wardrobe is already handmade by me, so this isn't some unattainable idea I have (where would be the fun in that?).  I always tell people, "Set yourself up to succeed, not to fail."  And that is what I am doing here.

The idea for me is to make the things I need in my wardrobe rather than buy them.  I've needed a new winter coat for the last 3 years, so that was a natural.  I also need a new raincoat.  And so on and so on, etc., etc.

Here is a sneak peek at the list I'm putting together.  I fully expect this will change organically over the course of the year and after my last challenge, I do not expect to end up keeping everything I make (sometimes the idea of something is better than the reality).  Either way, I look forward to the challenge and hope you'll join me on this journey.




No comments: