Saturday, February 27, 2016

03/52 - a beanie hat for another

I wanted to acknowledge that I have been a bad, bad blogger.  Work and life have gotten in the way of documenting my progress here (though I have been keeping up on Instagram).  C'est la vie.

For most of my crafting life, I've been a a selfish crafter.  Not everyone I know is craft-worthy!  So part of this year's list is to make stuff for other people.  I've realized I enjoy the process almost as much as the finished object (occasionally more!), so this should be an interesting experiment for myself.

Project 03/52 is the simple snug hat by Sarah Hatton.  It took very little time to make - I want to say an hour, but I can't remember now!  For sure I started and finished the same day.  Very straight-forward knit (would be great for a beginner who wanted to learn decreases) and only takes one skein of Rowan Big Wool (or comparable chunky yarn).  It's knit flat and then a seam is sewn up the back.  I like that construction, but if you don't, you should easily be able to convert to knitting it in the round.  I'm not a huge fan of pink, but know someone who is and thought she would enjoy it.  I made it in January and still haven't had a chance to give it to her, but I'll report back after I do.


No comments: